Bridalwear & occasion garments
Exquisit wedding & occasion dresses made to reflect who you are, benefit your figure and enchant everyone.
How is the wedding dress you dream of? It may be short or long, chic and understated or princess-like and sumptuous, but it must always match your own taste and personality, shape your curves gracefully and make you feel absolutely stunning.
Maria is talented at perceiving and understanding the taste, style and true nature of each bride-to-be, and turning it into a dress. What do you want to transmit? How do you want to feel? The dress you’ll wear on your wedding day must walk you, it must be 100% yourself, and at the same time it needs to match that new person you are about to become: the one who initiates her marriage. It must enable you to enter this new stage in your life calmly, beautifully and happily.
Trusting the creation of your wedding dress to Maria is having the peace of mind that you will have the perfect dress for you, and that it will make your wedding as magical as you expect it to be.
How we work: levels of customization
- One of the styles in our webshop (made to measure)
This is a popular option, as many brides are in love with one of the dresses in our webshop and just want to have it made in a given colour. You can go ahead and order it straight away. Most of them are limited editionso once a colour is gone, it’s gone! But don’t worry, we offer many colour choice for each style.
- One of the styles in our webshop, with a design change (made to measure)
Sometimes you like one of the designs in our shop, but you’d like to change some of its features. Maybe you’d like it in a different fabric or in a colour that’s not offered in the shop? Longer? With a fuller skirt or a train? Contact us via email or reserve an appointment either at the studio or remotely via videocall (further below this page).
Individually designed and patterned from scratch. Includes sketches, fabric sourcing, and optional mockups. This may involve several fittings.
Our bridal dresses and gowns are priced individually, based on the level of customization and complexity. Dresses begin at 1200€. Gowns begin at 2000€.
Either of these options can be done both in person at the studio, or remotely. Learn more on how we can create garments that fit, remotely, here.
How to order a bespoke garment (wedding dress or gown, bridesmaid, evening or special occasion):
- Book your appointment via the booking button below, either in person at the studio or remotely via videocall. You’ve got practical info on visiting the studio here.
- On this first, evaluation appointment, you will let me know in detail what are your ideas for your dress, we will solve all your questions, we will outline some general style ideas and I will detail to you how the making process of your garment will be. This is a filter that ensures that you are hiring the right option for your dress, that I am the right person to create it and that we will both be satisfied when it’s made. We will also set up an aproximate estimate for your dress, based both on your budget and the dress you want. This first appointment is free of charge.
- If you decide to move ahead and hire the creation of your garment with us, we will set up your first design appointment. We will discuss different options in detail and Maria will make sketches of them for you. To move onto this step, a downpayment is required.
- Once we’ve decided on the design, it’s time for us to source the fabrics, and at this point I will also need your measurements. I can either take them when we meet in person, or you can take and submit them by using the ‘taking your measurements‘ form on our website.
- I will draft a pattern based on your measurements.
- If you have chosen a mockup, it will be tested at your next fitting or sent to you via courier to test it
remotely at your next videocall fitting. This is how we will perfect the fit of the final piece.
- After this you’re done. It’s now time to sit back, relax and wait while we create your Aguyé garment.
Book your appointment
Whether you’d like to meet Maria in person at the studio, or remotely via videocall, you can book your appointment below:
* I usually attend customers Mo-Fri, but if needed I can also attend you on a Saturday. If this is your case, please send me a message to find a date and time that works for the both of us.
I want to express my gratitude to my wedding dress fashion designer Maria Aguyé
I had a vision of exactly what I wanted and did rough sketches based on a dress Jayne Mansfield wore in the 1950’s. By fate, I found Maria online who specializes in 50’s style fashion and custom garments. I sent her my measurements, she sent me multiple fabric, lace & trim samples, we skyped, messaged, sent pics, etc.. & worked together & in the end she created the perfect look The quality, her design, attention to detail, and her skills as a seamstress were beyond my expectations. The dress was so well made with boning and tailored to fit without alterations needed. I took a huge risk, many people thought I was crazy to do so by never meeting her in person or physically trying it on but I knew my dress just wasn’t going to be at a local bridal shop. I am amazed by the beautiful gift she has given me and although we haven’t met yet, Maria means the world to me (And Tommy was blown away too) So thank you Maria from the bottom of my heart