Taking your measurements – woman
Garments made to your unique measurements and proportions.
Many thanks for ordering your special garment with us.
If you chose your order to be 100% online (without fittings at the studio), next step is taking your measurements.
For that, you are just at the right place.
*This page better displays horizontally on mobile phones, so we recommend you turn your screen to better view this page.
Some *key* things to consider before you start:
- How long it will take: Maria takes a full set of measurements in about 10 minutes, but for you it can be about 30′ – 40′. It will depend on how many measurements your garment type requires, and also on how fast you are.
- This is not quantum physics, there’s nothing to worry about. 🙂 Follow these instructions and check the pictures carefully and it all will be fine.
- Taking your measurements is like cutting one’s hair: you cannot do it on yourself, you need someone else to do it on you. Anyone can help: your partner, a friend, your granny of a neighbour. Whoever you have at hand (see point nº2).
- Things you will need: a measuring tape and an elastic tape long enough to tie it around your waist. A cosmetic pencil (such as an eye or lip liner) might be useful too as an aid to locate certain points in the body, though it is not indispensable.
- Take them wearing just a thin layer of clothes or in your underwear. We do not want any unrealistic bumps or bulk.
- What bra should you wear while taking your measurements? One with the same amount of padding as the bra you will wear with your Aguyé garment. Likewise, if you will wear a corset with your garment, then take your measurements wearing the same corset.
- *IMPORTANT*. We need the REAL MEASUREMENTS OF YOUR BODY, so the measuring tape must be FITTED. Not loose, not super tight. Just fitted.
*In case you are a curvier woman or if your underwear causes any bumps on your body (i.e on your waist or on your underbust) please take the real measurement as it would be without the indentation. Otherwise, the measurements your submit would be too small and unrealistic and this would cause your garments to be too small.
If you’ve got any questions during the process and get stucked, get in touch and we will happy to assist you.
We will check the measurements you submit carefully and will get in touch in case they seem wrong or unrealistic. We will not take responsibility for inaccurate measurements provided, so please take your time, read carefully, and if unsure, ask us.
Ready? Let’s start!